So Jules’ side of the family (but I’ll claim all of them except the weird ones who don’t like the Star Wars prequels – I’m looking at you AJ and Amanda!) has an annual tradition of getting together and eating meat. Tons of it. Ribs, brisket, sausages, meat stuffed with other meat, meat wrapped with meat and of course more meat. We hold it every year on Labor Day Weekend so I write today in a post MeatFest haze. This week we’ll see the return of Foodie Friday where I’ll do a full write up with pictures. But until then, forgive any omissions. With that in mind, here’s this week’s MishMash Monday!
- I‘m not the biggest Winnie the Pooh fan, but these are kinda cute.
- Speaking of cute, what do you get when you cross a travel blog with a furry mascot? Besides a blog that my buddy Dan! would appreciate, you get lots of good travel tips.
- Despite what the link for the news says, I’ve always enjoyed Trail’s End Buffeteria at Walt Disney World for decent food at a reasonable price. Now, it looks like the buffet is going away for lunch while staying for breakfast and dinner. One less place to grab lunch, if you ask me.
- Wonder how the world’s greatest game reviewer moves his game collection from South Korea to South Beach? Tom Vassel, co-host of “The Dice Tower” podcast, shares with us the harrowing tale of moving his massive game collection.
- My friends over at the Stargazer’s World blog have had a couple of interesting things up this week. First, he shared with us why you should try Fudge (which remains one of my favorite RPG systems ever!) and then he shared with us some characters for the increasingly popular “Warrior, Wizard & Rogue” RPG. Honestly? If you are into RPG’s, you should check both of these out!
- My friends over at the Disney Food Blog also shared with us some interesting stuff this week about the Food & Wine Festival including information about some low cost seminars and how to get signed up and this picture of one of the marketplace dishes:
- Speaking of Disney and Cruising, it looks like there is a new splash zone for the little ones.
- Disney also announced a new dance party out west. It’s ElecTRONic!
- This is funny if you have ever played a roleplaying game. WARNING, one word of cursing.
- Finally, the Doghouse Diaries is a web comic that I’ve posted before but at least once a week they do something that makes me laugh out loud. Here’s this week’s LOL moment.
Have a great week – those in the States enjoy the long weekend!