For some of us, Walt Disney World is more about the food than it is the attractions. Well, that might be a small stretch, but not by much! For me, here are my top five treats that I usually can only get at Walt Disney World (or a like Disney Park). Warning: today’s post will make you hungry!
5) Fish & Chips – Our friends from across the pond might disagree here, but there are few things in life as good as some fish, chips and a pint of Guinness. And the fish and chips found at the Famous Fish & Chips stand at Epcot are something to always be on the lookout for. In fact, when I was down at the World in March and had but a few hours to kill, I headed over to Epcot with my good friend Daniel and treated him and his family to this fantastic treat. Well, I didn’t offer his son the Guinness, but someday, Anderson, someday!
4) French Press of Kona Coffee – Besides their Tonga Toast, which I might add is incredible in its own right, the real treat at Kona Café at the Poly is their French Press of 100% Kona coffee. It’s a treat that we from the mainland don’t get at all but it is simply incredible. Sure, the method brings out some intense flavors, but the flavors themselves are simply fantastic.
3) Mickey Waffles – There is something about these waffles and I don’t mean merely the shape. Sure it’s fun to eat Mickey’s Head, but the flavor of these waffles is simply incredible. I think they add something to them, like cocaine, to make me keep coming back for more and more and more.
2) Turkey Legs – Yes, I know you can often get turkey legs at a lot of places around the world, but there is something about the ones you can get at the Disney Parks that are just incredible. Smokey, almost ham like, and HUGE, one turkey leg can feed a family. Well, two would do our family because I don’t like to share.
1) The Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar – Need I say more? If you know me and my love of Disney, you are probably aware of my love of this frosty treat. In fact, despite the cold temps in Florida this past March (low 40’s at night), while I was at Epcot, I sought out a Mickey Bar only to be denied because they shut the carts down. Alas, it is only a few more weeks until I will have all the Mickey Bars I can eat while on the Disney Magic. Just remember, if you are going to a Disney Park anytime soon, be sure and have a Mickey Bar for me!
What are your five favorite Disney treats? Leave a comment below!