In about 2 ½ months, the ‘Ohana and I will be headed to Port Canaveral to get on the Disney Magic for seven nights of rest and relaxation. Now, this will be our first true vacation in two years and I’m certainly feeling it (all of my other PTO has been used on silly things like children being born, humanitarian trips overseas, surgeries, etc). But what am I most looking forward to on the trip? Glad you asked, because without further ado…
5) The Veranda – When we took a Disney Cruise back in 2007, we had the veranda and I can’t imagine sailing without it. Let’s face it, staterooms on a boat are small and to have a place where you can escape while the kids are sleeping or to have a romantic moment with your spouse is a great option. Besides, nothing beats late night Mickey Bars while looking at the waves.
4) The Food – The only shock here is where this ended up, not that it’s on my list. If you know me at all, you know that I love to eat and to eat good food. And there is good food aplenty on the boat. In fact, the trick isn’t finding something you’ll like, but pacing yourself so you don’t roll around on the boat all the time. We’ve determined that we’ll eat only two “full” meals each day and a snack for the other (namely, light breakfast, lunch then dinner or something like that). And of course, all the Mickey Bars you can eat!
3) Castaway Cay – I’ve never been a big beach fan, but I have to confess that I really enjoyed my visit to Castaway Cay. Lying in the shade of a palm tree, frosty beverage in hand listening to the distant din of the ocean and families playing made for one of the most relaxing afternoons I’ve had. One tip is to get the tubes to float out into the ocean as they are a lot of fun. My one regret? Not eating a Mickey Bar on the Island.
2) My Friends – Our upcoming vacation is part of the Mouse Guest Experience 3 (we’re dubbing it Lost at Sea or Babies at Sea). I’m so looking forward to seeing several really good friends that I haven’t seen in quite awhile and to finally meet young Mr. Casey. We’ve vacationed with friends before and it really is a great experience that I heartily recommend. I’ll tell you, nothing tastes quite as good as a Mickey Bar when shared with friends.
1) My Family – There are days where I hardly get to see my boys and it feels like I turn around and they are suddenly gone. That’s why I love vacations so much. Time when you get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, focusing on what is truly important and creating memories with my family that can never go away. Plus, it’s always good to drop the boys off at the nursery or kids club and have some time where Julie and I can reconnect over Mickey Bars on the Veranda or on the aft deck.
So there you have it, my top five things I’m looking forward to on my next vacation. What about you? Do you have a vacation coming up soon? What are you looking forward to? Leave me a comment below!