Wow. Ever have one of those weeks where just a ton of stuff you’re interested in hits? Well, that is what happened this week. News continues to come from GenCon and a TON of information came from Star Wars Celebration. Look for more on Star Wars later, either tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime, here’s what else is on my radar this week.
- 33 years ago today, the King died. Whether you loved him or hated him, you cannot argue the effect he had on popular culture. It could be argued that we wouldn’t have the “cults of personality” that we have today. So, today, we raise a glass in tribute to the King, one of my favorites.
- Looks like former Cowboys coach and current NFL on FOX analyst Jimmy Johnson is going to be on Survivor this fall.
- Looks like the AAA has named Disney’s Animal Kingdom as the Top Family Hotel! Very cool, we stayed there on our last visit to WDW and it was very nice.
- Looks like Free Dining is returning to Walt Disney World for a good chunk of 2011.
- One of my favorite games, Power Grid, is headed to Asia with Russia and Japan maps. Fun!
- This game, Happy Birthday Robot looks pretty cool and here’s an interesting review.
- Looks like WOTC is going back to the future for the D&D Essentials line. Red Box. Interesting. If you want to know more about D&D, here’s the new product seminar information and some more information about the new Ravenloft Board Game!
- UPDATE: One last piece of news, looks like Disney is floating several new ideas to enhance the resort experience. Check out MousePlanet for more information.
- UPDATE: Also, it looks like Disney is changing some of the Fantasyland expansion plans!
That’s it for now – most likely there will be a lot of Star Wars news for the rest of the week with all the coolness that came from Star Wars Celebration that I was unable to see.