If there is one thing I like, it’s tech toys. So, time for another new feature on the blog – Tech Tuesdays where I’ll bring five or six tech stories that I found on the web with a little comment. Much like a MishMash Monday or a Weird News Wednesday. It’s Stuff I Like from around the web. So, here we go!
- It looks like Internet Explorer is trying to get a leg up in the browser wars. I have to say that IE8 wasn’t that bad and I think that the “threat” of Chrome and Firefox is good for innovation.
- In shocking news (not), Madden 11 was the top video game seller in August.
- I’m less concerned with what is under the hood, but the idea of a dual screen laptop rocks. I absolutely love my dual screens at work and find coming home to a tiny screen can be a little annoying.
- According to CNN, we’re downloading more apps than music these days. One person pointed out that many apps are free while music (through iTunes anyway) still costs money. I probably download an app or two a week while I seldom download music.
- Finally, I love the idea of the Eye-Fi memory card for uploading my photos to the cloud without hooking up to my PC. What would be even better would be 3G coverage to upload on the road instantly.