We’re changing Thursdays for a bit to Travel days at Stuff I Like. Since we all like to travel and get away, what better day than Thursday. So, to kick it off, here are a few items I’ve noticed from around the web…
- Renting a Private Island is not for the Rich – There are days I’d like to get away from it all, but I’m not sure this is quite what I had in mind. I like to be pampered on vacation and this looks a little more backwater than I’d like for that kind of cash.
- Kids Sail Free with Disney Cruise Line – I love cruising and love cruising with kids! Especially on the Disney Cruise Line. Now, for limited portions of 2011, you can get the kids to come along for free! That’s a great deal – too bad I’m cruising in just a few weeks!
- Outsmarting the PIN Code Monkeys – Here are some helpful tips from our friends over at TouringPlans.com to get yourself on the list for those elusive PIN codes to save big bucks at Walt Disney World. I can’t promise they’ll work, but I can promise you’ll get lots of stuff from Disney this way!
- Look into Rentals and Home Exchanges – Depending on where you’re going, a vacation home or even a private home sure seems like the way to go if you want to save some money. Too bad I can’t work out an exchange with my Orlando friends to come to sunny Iowa for a week at their pad. C’est la vie!
- Voluntourism, A Manifesto – As someone who has done some voluntourism, I have to say that it is a great way to see parts of the world you may never see and do something good in the process. If you ever get the chance to do so, please do. Your fellow-man will thank you.